I love getting this question! Let me go ahead and preface this by saying that I am in no way an expert on men. And while I can’t speak for what every man should possess, I’ll speak for what my ideal significant other would possess:
1. My number one is a sense of humor (you can never go wrong with one!) The battle is more than halfway over with me if you can make me laugh.
2. Compassion for others
3. A yearning to give and receive affection
4. Respect for their mother and for waiters/waitstaff
5. A sense of pride
6. A yearning to protect/defend their significant other (in my experience, you either have it or you don’t, it’s something that can’t be taught). I’ve had experiences with significant other(s) in the past where they haven’t wanted to stand up for me in certain situations. Needless to say, those relationship(s) did not last. I need to feel protected.
9. A little bit of sarcasm
Some other preferences:
1. Very, very tall height
2. A broad back
3. A great smile
4. I love a man’s hands. Big hands. There’s something about a man’s hands that makes me quiver. And that vein that goes up their arm. Unf. That vein. I can’t even.
5. A scruffy beard doesn’t hurt either :)
6. That they are well-read, eloquent, and educated.